1. Best thing about teaching?
Getting to prove, day by day, how important language is.
2. Best city you've ever visited/lived in?
Amsterdam. It's so fun, and so clean!
3. A song you listen to when happy/sad?
Creep, by Radiohead. There are so many amazing covers out there!
4. Biggest education inspiration?
My GCSE English teacher. She showed us what it was to care about learning.
5. Describe your TTR shows in one word
6. Favourite TTR guest (on one of your shows)
Tim Hughes on my Children's Literature show. Not only was Tim my first guest, but he's so knowledgeable about children's books. It was a joy to chat with him.
7. Favourite TTR episode (of yours) so far and why?
National German Language Day. People like to remind teachers of German how 'in danger' the subject is at the moment, and how students are generally opting out of it. It was nice to spend a morning celebrating the German language and demonstrating why it is an important one to learn.
8. Your teaching philosophy?
I am not as important as my lessons are.
9. Best bit of advice you ever got?
Wait before you intervene - they'll get it themselves if you let them think.
10. Dream guest on your TTR show?
Socrates - if only to definitively figure out whether he'd have approved of Socratic Questioning or not!