1. Best thing about teaching?
I love building connections and interactions with students which allow them to progress and develop. Alternatively, Friday afternoon.
2. Best city you've ever visited/lived in?
This has to be Aalst in Belgium (where I live now). It is officially a city, but is more like a big town by British standards. It’s bursting with pride, has a strong local identity and the people are down to earth! Maybe it reminds me of my Yorkshire roots!
3. A song you listen to when happy/sad?
Happy: Frank Turner- Four Simple Words Sad: Tony Sly: Pre-medicated Murder
4. Biggest education inspiration?
Grainne McLaughin, Headteacher of the Gateway Academy, Tilbury, Essex
5. Describe your TTR shows in one word
Down-to-earth - (helpful hyphens!)
6. Favourite TTR guest (on one of your shows)
Anthony Swann - an absolute inspiration and my first American guest.
7. Favourite TTR episode (of yours) so far and why?
Accents in the Classroom
8. Your teaching philosophy?
Every child can be a massive success with high expectations.
9. Best bit of advice you ever got?
It’s ok to leave after the final lesson.
10. Dream guest on your TTR show?
Benito Carbone (Bradford City Legend)